sábado, 13 de noviembre de 2010

Rachel



(Rachel and Ross have leaved Emma alone in the aparment. They're outside, trying to open the door)
RACHEL: Oh, no! What if she jumps out of the crib!
ROSS: Can't hold her own head up... but yeah, jumped.
RACHEL: Oh, my God! I left the water running!
ROSS: Rachel, relax. You did not leave the faucet running.
RACHEL: Did I leave the stove on?
ROSS: You haven't cooked since 1996!
RACHEL: Is the window open? Because if the window's open, a bird could fly in there and...
ROSS: Oh, my God, you know what, I think you're right! I think... you know what? Listen, listen: a pigeon... no, no, wait, an eagle flew in, landed on the stove, and caught fire! The baby, seeing this, jumps across the apartment to the mighty bird's aid! The eagle, however, misconstrues this as an act of aggression and grabs the baby in its talons! Meanwhile, the faucet fills the apartment with water! Baby and bird, still ablaze, are locked in a death-grip, swirling around the whirlpool that fills the apartment!
RACHEL: Boy, are you gonna be sorry if that's true.

Rachel Karen Greene comes from a rich family. Her mother is comically snobbish and her father is stern and intimidating, although he buys whatever his daugther asks him. It is revealed throughout the series that Rachel had owned several pets, including a cat, a dog, a pony, a turtle, a hamster, and a tarantula when growing up.
Rachel's personality evolves during the series. Early on, she is a spoiled "daddy's girl" but later, especially after having Emma, becomes less self-absorbed.

Here we have an example about the change Rachel is about to experiment during her new life with Monica.
"C'mon Daddy, listen to me! It's like, it's like, all of my life, everyone has always told me, 'You're a shoe! You're a shoe, you're a shoe, you're a shoe!'. And today I just stopped and I said, 'What if I don't wanna be a shoe? What if I wanna be a... a purse, y'know? Or a... or a hat! No, I'm not saying I want you to buy me a hat, I'm saying I am a hat... It's a metaphor, Daddy!"

Rachel first appears running into Central Perk in a wedding dress. Rachel had run away from her wedding to Barry after realizing that she didn't really love him. She starts a new life living with Monica, after working as a waitress, she was encouraged to use her interest in fashion to get a job in the world os high fashion. Her focus on this and image came at the expense of domestic skills or common knowledge, of which she was mocked for having little
She has worked as:
·Waitress at Central Perk (seasons 1–3)
·Assistant at Fortunata Fashions (season 3)
·Buyer and Personal Shopper at Bloomingdale's (seasons 3–5)
·Executive at Ralph Lauren (seasons 5–10)

Rachel's maybe one of the "less" funny characters, and she's best known because of her whole relation with Ross, but here we have some funny scenes about her:



RACHEL: In the future, when a girl asks for some ill-advised sympathy sex, just do it!
ROSS: You're mad at me about last night? I was trying to do the right thing!
RACHEL: Really? Well, if you had done the right thing, I would not have woken up today feeling stupid and embarrassed. I would have woken up feeling comforted and satisfied!
ROSS: Well...
RACHEL: Stop that!!
ROSS: I can't believe this! I was being a good guy! I treated you with respect and understanding!
RACHEL: [sarcastically] That's so hot!
ROSS: I was looking out for you!
RACHEL: I am a big girl! I don't need someone telling what's best for me!
ROSS: I've got to say, I've not had sex a lot of times before; this is the worst ever!
RACHEL: It wasn't very good for me, either!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario