sábado, 13 de noviembre de 2010

Chandler



CHANDLER: Wah-pah!
ROSS: What's Wah-pah ?
CHANDLER: Whipped.. Wah-pah !
JOEY: That's not whipped. Whipped is... (Whipping sound)
CHANDLER: That's what i did... Wah-pah !
JOEY: You can't do anything!

He's just my favourite. Maybe he can't do anything, maybe he drops things and is afraid of commitments, and maybe he is kind of stupid because he has loved Janice but... He is the best. He has a duck and a chicken in his apartment, he has the strangest voice
and he is awful giving advices but... he is the best. Nowadays the best (it is said) is this man... Barney Stinson, but... well... what can I say... Chandler is god to me.
The character of Chandler is noted for his wise-cracks and sardonic attitude. His most famous phrase is the rhetorical question "Could I be anymore...?" and is used on the show as a source of humor many times, primarily mocking from the other friends (indeed, the other friends actually make fun of the line more often than Chandler says it).



Throughout the show, Chandler claims he started using humor as a defense mechanism when his parents broke up, and tends to make jokes when he is nervous. He has a hard background, with a erotic novelist mother, Nora Bing, and a cross-dressing Vegas burlesque star father, Charles Bing.

CHANDLER: I remember my father dressed in the red suit, the big black boots and the patent leather belt, sneaking around downstairs. He didn't want anybody see him, but he'd be drunk, so he'd stumble, crash into something, and wake everybody up.
RACHEL: Well, that doesn't sound like a very merry Christmas.
CHANDLER: Who said anything about Christmas?

Chandler worked as an IT Procurement Manager with the specialization "Statistical analysis and data reconfiguration", a job which he thoroughly loathed. In an alternate reality storyline during the show ("The One that Could Have Been"), Chandler did have the guts to quit his job and worked as a freelance writer, specializing in comics.

CHANDLER: (to Rachel) Oh, my God. You smoked.
RACHEL: I did not.
CHANDLER: Yes you did. You look happy and sick... you smoked!
RACHEL: All right, fine, but I had to. I had to do it for my career.
CHANDLER: I wish I had to smoke for my career.

At the end of season 4, Chandler began a secret relationship with Monica in London. They had been friends for some time and met when Chandler and Ross were at college together. Chandler dropped hints about his interest in Monica during season 1, genuinely increased his efforts in season 3 but Monica thought he was joking. At Ross and Emily's wedding in London, Monica and Chandler slept together and began dating. Monica and Chandler tried keeping their relationship secret, not wanting the others to make a big deal out of it, but they all eventually found out. The two moved in together at the beginning of season 6, Chandler proposed by the end of the season, and they were married at the end of season 7. In the final episode, Monica and Chandler (who were unable to conceive) watched as their adopted twins.

MONICA: I wanna baby!
CHANDLER: You'll get one.
MONICA: Oh really when?
CHANDLER: All right. I'll tell you what. When we're 40, if neither one of us are married, what do you say you and I get together and have one?
MONICA: Why won't I be married when I'm 40?
CHANDLER: Oh, no, no. I just meant hypothetically.
MONICA: Okay, hypothetically, why won't I be married when I'm 40?
CHANDLER: Uh... Uh....
MONICA: What is it, is there something fundamentally un-marry-able about me? Well?
CHANDLER: Dear God, this parachute is a knapsack!



As we could see some days ago, before to his relationship with Monica, Chandler had an on-off relationship with Janice, who became a recurring fixture in his life. With her big hair, her nasal voice and laugh, and her tendency to say "Oh... my... God!" (which helped me to decide the name of the blog), Chandler spent most of his time trying to end things with her.



Well... with those parents, that weird kind of talking, that hilarious humour, that way to behave with women... well... with all his skills, he kills me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario