sábado, 13 de noviembre de 2010

Janice


[Referring to Janice]
Chandler: How can I dump this woman on Valentine's Day?
Joey: I don't know. You dumped her on New Year's.
Chandler: Oh man. In my next life I'm comin' back as a toilet brush.
[Janice enters in Central Perk]
Janice: [to Chandler] Hello Funny Valentine.
Chandler: Hello... Just... Janice.

Let's start this new blog with one of the most annoying characters of FRIENDS, the sitcom this blog is going to be all about.
Janice (Maggie Wheeler) is Chandler's on-again off-again girlfriend for the first four seasons. Chandler has trouble dumping her in "The One with the East German Laundry Detergent" but gets back together with her for New Year's in "The One with the Monkey" and for Valentine's in "The One with the Candy Hearts".

[Scene: A restaurant. Joey and Chandler are there, waiting for their dates to show up.]
JOEY: [Looking at himself in the reflection on a knife] How do I look?
CHANDLER: Oh, uh, I... don't... care. [Joey's date shows up] Ok, now, remember, no trading. You get the pretty one, I get the mess.
LORRAINE: Hi, Joey. Well well, look what you brought. Very nice.
CHANDLER: ...And what did you bring?
LORRAINE: She's checking the coats. Joey, I'm gonna go wash the cab smell off my hands. Will you get me a white Zinfandel, and a glass of red for Janice.
CHANDLER: Janice?
[Lorraine leaves. Joey shakes his head as though to say, 'It can't be the same Janice.' Janice enters.]
JANICE: Oh.... my.... God.
CHANDLER: [angrily] Hey, it's Janice.
[Scene: The bathroom at the restaurant. Chandler and Joey are talking.]
CHANDLER: Ok, I'm makin' a break for it, I'm goin' out the window.
JOEY: No, no, no, don't! I've been waitin' for like, forever to go out with Lorraine. Just calm down.
CHANDLER: Calm down? Calm down? You set me up with the woman that I've dumped twice in the last five months!

In Season 2, Chandler is disappointed to discover that she is married and pregnant. In "The One with Barry and Mindy's Wedding", Chandler arranges a meeting with a mystery woman over the Internet, who turns out to be Janice. Their relationship lasts into the third season, when Janice decides to leave her husband to be with Chandler. In "The One with the Race Car Bed", Joey sees her kissing her husband. Chandler dumps her in "The One with the Giant Poking Device". Then, in "The One with All the Rugby", Janice returns to Chandler's life. To try to get away from her, Chandler pretends to be moving to Yemen.
Episodes later she appears having a brief fling with Ross in "The One with Chandler's Work Laugh". In "The One with Ross's Library Book", she tries to interfere with Monica and Chandler's wedding plans. In "The One Where Rachel Has a Baby", she is placed in the same labor room as Rachel at the hospital. She later gives birth to a son, Aaron, who she jokes will be Emma's future husband. In "The One with the Fertility Test" she offers Chandler advice and support at a fertility clinic. In "The One Where Estelle Dies", she comes close to buying a house next door to one Monica and Chandler want to buy. To get rid of her, Chandler pretends he still loves her and so he scares her.
She spoke with a nasal New York accent and emphasized each word of her catchphrase "Oh, my God!" (sentence that inspired me to set this blog's title).


This picture shows perfectly how Chandler feels when he wakes up next to Janice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario